• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content not visible in the HTML Editor but is visible in preview and output - RoboHelp 7

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2010 Jan 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using RoboHelp 7 for the past 2 months

in my organization. It is not a trial version. Prior to that i was working on RoboHelp X5 for almost 3 years.

Yesterday i created a topic and added content in it. Today when i opened the source and navigated to that page, i dont get to see the content. The page is plain white. But when i click the preview or generate the output i get to see the content in the output. Surprisingly this is happening to only two htms among some 90 odd htms that this project has.

I was wondering if there was any htm limit, so went ahead creating a couple of more htms. But i dont find a problem in the newly created htms.

I opened the affected HTMs through Dreamweaver and i get to see the content and the code while the same is not happening in roboHelp.

I deleted the htm and recreated the page but somehow the problem persists and surprisingly for the same two pages. the remaining project files are fine.

I named these files Business Layer HLD and Business Layer LLD. I even tried changing the names but it is not working out.

I tried creating the page in a trial version of robohelp 8 and there it is working fine.

Is anything wrong with my version of robohelp 7? Can anyone list out all the possible reasons why this is happening?

Need a solution to this at the earliest!! Project deadlines are calling

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2010 Jan 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Vamsi mailed me offline and I have suggested looking at Using RH7 on my site where this problem is covered.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp