• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-sizing Popups Not Displaying Complete Text

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2010 Jan 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RoboHelp 8.0.2.208 when you use an auto-sizing popup it does not display all of the text from the popup even when there is enough room to fit the text. It cuts off entire paragraphs sometimes. If we use a custom popup it displays it correctly. This is not really a usable option though because we would have to change all of our popups and if we change the content in a popup we would have to change the custom size window.

We have tried some of the other fixes suggested for similiar popup issues. We have added an extra line at the bottom and we do not negative margins in our CSS sheet.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note the style for the paragraph after Example and look at the CSS. Comment out each line one by one until it works. That is how I found out about negative margins being the cause of a problem. Please post back what you find.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. On the line below the word Example, we had a character style being applied called Example. What I do not understand though is why that would stop the text from displaying. There are no margins that you can specify in that style. I have attached a screenshot of our Example style settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open the style sheet in a text editor and comment out one line by adding /* at the beginning and */ at the end. See if the example style works then. If it is still blank remove the comment marks and apply them to the next line. You will then find which line is causing the text not to appear. That is what we need to know.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp