Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Mr. Cavallo - Where are you?

Level 2

Kevin, I wa

s wondering if you could help me out one more time.  It would be greatly appreciated, and I'd gladly make

mention of you on our website if you like.  That form you helped me configure worked great.  However, I have 1 more form to complete and I tried, but had no luck in setting up the calculations.  I have a form, very similar to the first one, but this is for memberships in our not-for-profit organization.  I have created fields for the form filler and up to 5 other people to join as members.  What I want to do, is add to the "Total Amount" box $20 for the form filler and $20 (the cost of a membership) for each name input into the fields that I created.

I have uploaded the form for you or anyone else to look at - I appreciate anyone's help in this matter.  We want to have the form up by Monday morning.  I am getting better at Live Cycle, but still have miles to go.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Dan, here you go.  I wrapped the additional names/emails in a subform to make it easier to loop through and check for names.  Then I added some additional code to the Calculate event for the total amount to check for filled-in names and add in the appropriate amount.

Please note that there is no robust checking of names in the field - it just checks that the name field is not blank and not spaces.  If someone enters one letter for a name, it will add $20.

Good luck with the fundraiser!

Kevin

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 6

Just finished rebuilding my crashed hard drive last night.  I'll take a look at it and get back to you.

Level 2

Thanks Kevin, I really appreciate it.

Correct answer by
Level 6

Dan, here you go.  I wrapped the additional names/emails in a subform to make it easier to loop through and check for names.  Then I added some additional code to the Calculate event for the total amount to check for filled-in names and add in the appropriate amount.

Please note that there is no robust checking of names in the field - it just checks that the name field is not blank and not spaces.  If someone enters one letter for a name, it will add $20.

Good luck with the fundraiser!

Kevin

Level 2

Mr. Cavallo:

You really are a lifesaver - you don't know how much we appreciate your assistance - we do charity work, but you do as well and it is genuinely apprecited.  Thanks a lot.  God bless you.