• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CP4 exports to wrong .swf size

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2010 Jan 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can ANYONE tell me why the attached file outputs at 641 x 511? I have 5 of these files that do that, and dozes of others that publish correctly.

I captured and added screen shots at 640 x 480 (removed all except 1 and still didn't fix).

When I publish to .swf and .html it should be 640 x 504 since the controller adds 24 pixels to the bottom of the swf. NOT!

I checked all the elements in my file they are all 640 x 480.

I was able to fix this by copying the slides into a CP4 file that did publish properly at 640 x 504 so no need to offer solutions for a fix. I just want to know why this is all jacked!  If my fault please let me know , if not THANKS AGAIN ADOBE!

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 14, 2010 Jan 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's because of your border settings. If you go to the Skin Editor you can see that you have a bottom border of 30px selected. Therefore the size of your project will be enlarged not by 24 px for the playbar but with 30 px due to the border. Captivate also adds 1 px in the width and 1 px extra because you added a border making the final project size 641px x 511 px.

Simply remove the border and you will get the correct size of 640px x 540px

/Michael

Visit my Captivate blog with tips & tricks, tutorials and Widgets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, thank you! Now how I selected the border remains a mystery!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I don't now if this solves your problem, but I had the same one...

You think that the project will export the same size that the created project, but it adds size!

I do like this, when publishing, I choose "export html" in Output options, then, I open the HTML file with notepad, to get the REAL size of the format.

//shoeegal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you said describes the problem. My .swf should be 640 x 504 but comes out 641 x 511. I imported it into dreamweaver to verify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott

Are you saying that you turned off the border as Michael suggested and still see the issue?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I turned off the border and the problem is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources