Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Saving a Form with a Different Name

Level 1

I created a  2 forms in Adobe LiveCycle ES2  and saved it. I also opened it in Adobe Pro and extended the rights for end users to save the form. When a user inputs information into the text fields and tries to save it as a different name, the form does not save the filled in data. I am trying to create a workflow between the end user and my department but we dont have access to a database. My goal is to have the user download the form, completed the form and save it with a specific naming convention ( XXXXX-Date), then open email and attach the form ( the submit button will not work with our email client). The department will then review the form and input data into the form and save it with the same name. They will email the form back to the end user. I am hoping to have access to a database within the next 6-12 months and eventually avoid the saving and email but i need to get this solve now.

I've attached the forms that i am working on.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Your issue is in the Binding tab of each field. You have it set to None which means exclude the data in this field from the data file. Change it to Normal and it will include that field in the data file.

Paul

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Sorry but your distributed form does not have Reader Extensions applied. Once you apply the rights if you open the form in designer the rights are removed.

Paul

Level 1

sorry about that i modified the form with reader extensions and this from is working.

Level 1

I am still having problems with saving data in my form. When i input the data and save the form as a different name only one field within the form saves the data. I have extended reader rights and still have issues. Can someone please help.

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Your issue is in the Binding tab of each field. You have it set to None which means exclude the data in this field from the data file. Change it to Normal and it will include that field in the data file.

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----