Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Reader Extensions count:

Former Community Member

Hi,

We have LC 8.0 implemented in our organization. For testing in DEV environment, we Reader Extended a form. By mistake, instead of Reader Extending it in draft version, we did it in Final version. This incremented the forms processed count by 1. How can we revert it?

More over, what I observed is, once we Reader extend a form, and if we try to open it in LC Designer, it pops up a message saying that the credentials will be lost. If this is the case, in real time, let's say we reader extended a application form to the client and released it. After some time, we may need to do some minor enhancements for certain fields in the form. to do this, we need to open the form in Designer. This will cause the form to loose its RC credentials. Do we need to Reader extend it again which takes one more count for the no.of forms in our system?

How do we handle such instances?

Best Regards,

Chaitanya

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

The count is not tied to the license. If you have a license for 10 forms, then you are allowed to RE 10 specific forms - including chnages that are made to those forms. You woudl be in violation of your license when you tried to Reader Extend your 11th unique form.

Paul

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Yes the Reader Extensions will be removed if you edit the form ...and you will have to put it back. Reader Extensions is sold in different ways (i.e # of forms that can be Reader Extended). My understanding is that you can Reader Extend the same form (allowing for updates to the Design) as many times as you want. You shoudl check with your sales rep to make sure you are using it in the correct way.

Paul

Former Community Member

Does it mean the Reader Extension portal will know it automatically that when I input a changed form (using designer) which was previously Reader Extended? And it will not increment the count of Reader extensions? Will it recognize based on the form's meta data?

Former Community Member

No the count will increase each time you Reader Extend a form.

The coounter is not used to enforce the license.

Paul

Former Community Member

We have Reader Extensions for 10 forms. So, if my count value shows 10 in the Reader Extensions portal, does it mean that can I Reader extend the 11th form or cannot? ( Even though I reader extended a same form twice or thrice due to it's small layout changes)

In that case, do I need to contact Adobe sales person and explain him the situation?

Chaitanya

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

The count is not tied to the license. If you have a license for 10 forms, then you are allowed to RE 10 specific forms - including chnages that are made to those forms. You woudl be in violation of your license when you tried to Reader Extend your 11th unique form.

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----