Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicating a PPT slide in Captivate 4

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2010 Jan 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I am stumped and new to Captivate 4. I have inserted my PPT into Captivate. To keep the background color, I duplicate a slide and delete all the current content on that duplicated slide. When I do to edit PPT, I choose edit slide, not edit presentation. I add new content and select save PPT. Once I return to the edit review of Captivate, the original slide that I duplicated from has now changed along with the duplicated slide. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Windy

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Why do you not change the content on the duplicate slide in CP itself? Or create the duplicate slide in PPT, and import it in CP. There is a linked slide between CP and PPT, and you made two identical copies. When you edit the original slide in PPT (I think you had only one slide in PPT), the roundtrip feature causes that both slides are updated since you asked them to be identical copies.

I try to explain but realize that I'm perhaps adding to your confusion, am a bit tired and English is not my native tongue.

Lilybiri

PS: if you only want an identical color for the background, insert a blank slide in CP, open Properties for this slide (right mouse menu), open Custom for the color, you'll see a color picker (eyedropper) and click with the picker on a slide in the Filmstrip that has the right color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will try to duplicate in PPT before importing in to Captivate.

Thanks

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 13:47:58 -0700

To: windyglahn@hotmail.com

Subject: Duplicating a PPT slide in Captivate 4

Hello,

Why do you not change the content on the duplicate slide in CP itself? Or create the duplicate slide in PPT, and import it in CP. There is a linked slide between CP and PPT, and you made two identical copies. When you edit the original slide in PPT (I think you had only one slide in PPT), the roundtrip feature causes that both slides are updated since you asked them to be identical copies.

I try to explain but realize that I'm perhaps adding to your confusion, am a bit tired and English is not my native tongue.

Lilybir

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources