Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eclipse completely freezes - must force quit process

Jan 07, 2010 Jan 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening frequently... a few times per day. The entire eclipse workbench becomes unresponsive. I'm able to close the workbench via the close button in the main window, but I also have to go to my task manager and force quit the eclipse process.

It's unclear what I'm doing that causes the exception. It's happened when editing, when switching between editor windows, and also when switching between tabs (search to snippets). Seems to be related to an Unhandled loop exception that keeps showing up in my error log.

I'm also getting a "Could not instantiate provider org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.core.svnnature for project email_alert_service." Not sure where this is coming from.

And I'm also getting a "NLS missing message: CFRemoteServer_error_readPort in: com.adobe.ide.coldfusion.server.core.messages" in my log along with other "NLS unused message" errors.

I've attached a log after restarting eclipse.

I'm running:

Windows 7 x64

Eclipse Classic 3.5.1 (32 bit)

Build id: M20090917-0800

ColdFusion Builder beta 3 plugin

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 07, 2010 Jan 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right after restarting eclipse (recovering from a previous freeze and force quit) and editing for a few minutes, I copied some text to the clipboard and got an Unhandled event loop exception. I think this is related to Eclipse freezing, so I'll post it in this discussion. I attached the event log, which I cleared before this error occurred. A partial stack trace is:

java.lang.StackOverflowError
    at java.util.Arrays.mergeSort(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.Arrays.sort(Unknown Source)
    at com.adobe.ide.cfml.parser.generated.CFMLParserBase.getVariableInfo(CFMLParserBase.java:1614)
    at com.adobe.ide.cfml.parser.generated.CFMLParserBase.getVariableInfo(CFMLParserBase.java:1604)

I'm also noticing weird repetative editor drawing or refreshing depending on the state of my current editor text. It seems like when I create invalid syntax while in the process of editing, the editor kinda freaks out and continually reparses the file until I get my code into a better state. I'm going to turn off syntax checking to see if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 08, 2010 Jan 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When you encounter the freeze issue, please take multiple stacktraces at some intervals, and email them to us as (at dsarkar@adobe.com). The instructions at http://blogs.adobe.com/cfbuilder/2009/12/reporting_one-off_issues_with.html would help you to do that.

Also, can you check couple of things and tell us so that we can analyze the issue effectively?

1. Turn off syntax checking in preferences and see if this still occurs

2. If your project is associated with a server (local or remote), make sure it is running and then see if you still get the freeze.

3. Does it occur in any particular file/code? If yes, please email us the sample code/file.

Thanks,

Dipanwita

Adobe ColdFusion Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 11, 2010 Jan 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned off syntax checking and I have not encountered the problem in a couple days of work. Seems to be related.

-JP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 12, 2010 Jan 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please share your email address so that we can contact you offline and send a fix which you can try out.

Thanks,

Dipanwita (dsarkar@adobe.com)

Adobe ColdFusion Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 14, 2010 Jan 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't had time to download the update you asked me to install... I'll try to get to that this week. Otherwise, next week for sure.

In the meantime, I just had a freeze (for the first time since I turned off Syntax Checking) and am seeing that I get errors in my error log when starting up eclipse. I attached the log file. I've restarted several times and the errors are still showing up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 11, 2010 Feb 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same errors with latest build of ColdFusion Builder

NLS missing message: CFRemoteServer_error_readPort in: com.adobe.ide.coldfusion.server.core.messages

org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.NullPointerException)
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3884)
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3799)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:137)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3855)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3476)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2405)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:493)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at com.adobe.ide.coldfusion.rcp.intro.Application.start(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.eclipsemonkey.actions.RecreateMonkeyMenuAction.createTheMenu(RecreateMonkeyMenuAction.java:118)
at org.eclipse.eclipsemonkey.actions.RecreateMonkeyMenuAction.run(RecreateMonkeyMenuAction.java:71)
at org.eclipse.eclipsemonkey.UpdateMonkeyActionsResourceChangeListener$2.run(UpdateMonkeyActionsResourceChangeListener.java:256)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:134)
... 22 more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2010 Mar 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same problem; am using version 1.0.0.263215.

When memory consumed by Eclipse/CF Builder grows to about 264MBytes in my Win7 4GB PC, cursor freezes and mouse loses almost all control of window, forcing Taskmanager End Process recovery.  Sometimes effort to click around frozen window turns window frame black.  Could there be a memory leak that ultimately corrupts the mouse/display interfaces somehow?  or a hardware port or other setup conflict?

Since I am also occasionally seeing near s top of ordinary web page loading via IE8 before final images downloaded in my internet connection, I suspect possible noise in connection triggering interruption or timeout delay in some local javascript execution, but this is a blind theory.

i seek version update with fix or other instructions on how to handle this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 17, 2010 Mar 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the latest internal build we have fixed freeze issues and hopefully that can help resolve this issue. are you opening up lot of files in the editor? How many files are there in the project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

While waiting for my technical leader to set up projects, I am only pulling in 3-5 files vis RDS from our remote server. I am doing a lot of tweaking, saving, and looking at the web page. There are one or two SQL Server calls via AJAX to a back-end script using cfstoredproc tags.

Let me know how else I can assist you; feel free to call; I am in the NYC time zone and typically up by 7AM local time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed that, after a freeze-up, my RDS connection had been broken; it is possible that an interruption in internet or database connectivity that occurs during a critical background operation in CFB is breaking it?

Also, I note that CFB has gobbled 281 Mbytes at the time of the freeze-up (more than usual when it freezes).

Thought this might be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2010 May 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am running CFBuilder Eclipse plugin 1.0.0.271911 and getting stack overflow when I copy variable names. Here is a stack trace:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2010-05-11 09:41:51.951
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
java
.lang.StackOverflowError
at java
.util.Arrays.mergeSort(Unknown Source)
at java
at java
at java
at java
at java
.util.Arrays.sort(Unknown Source)
at com
.adobe.ide.cfml.parser.generated.CFMLParserBase.getVariableInfo(CFMLParserBase.java:1613)
at com
.adobe.ide.cfml.parser.generated.CFMLParserBase.getVariableInfo(CFMLParserBase.java:1603)
at com
.adobe.ide.editor.model.CFMLDOMUtils.getVariable(CFMLDOMUtils.java:2375)
at com
.adobe.ide.editor.model.CFMLDOMUtils.getComponentNameFromNode(CFMLDOMUtils.java:2484)
at com
.adobe.ide.editor.model.CFMLDOMUtils.getComponentNameFromFunctionCall(CFMLDOMUtils.java:2168)
at com
.adobe.ide.editor.model.CFMLDOMUtils.getComponentNameFromNode(CFMLDOMUtils.java:2495)
at com
.adobe.ide.editor.model.CFMLDOMUtils.getComponentNameFromFunctionCall(CFMLDOMUtils.java:2168)
at com
.adobe.ide.editor.model.CFMLDOMUtils.getComponentNameFromNode(CFMLDOMUtils.java:2495)
at com
(and so on - repeat n times)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation