Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Love Captivate...Dislike the Flash

Mar 28, 2008 Mar 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the 30 trial of Captivate to decide on whether or not to purchase. I like the program but I'm bummed that I need a few extra steps because all my other Adobe software is for my Mac. Therefore when I try to export my Captivate demo to CS3 it won't let me do so. I need to have the PC version of CS3 in order to export files from Captivate. Okay, so I download the trial of Flash CS3 for the PC to see if that allowed me to export the file to Flash to determine if I could go this route in the future. It lets me click the option to export the file to Flash CS3 but I then get an error message in Flash saying "The import did not finish because an unknown error occurred."

Any ideas?

And Adobe...come on. If you're not going to offer Captivate on the Mac then at least make it so the files can be transported back and forth seamlessly.
TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2008 Apr 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the full version of both Captivate 3 and Fl 9.0 on my PC and have been receiving the same error message "The import did not finish because an unknown error occurred." This happens for all Captivate projects i have created and for those projects that are samples created by Captivate. The existing learning management software we use at our university only allows flash multimedia to be uploaded. Any solutions yet? I just want the software suite we purchased to be able to communicate with its own bundled programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 04, 2008 Apr 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
After rebooting the computer a couple times it just happened to work. Very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources