3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2010 12:49 PM by Peter Grainge

Publishing in RH 7

JBlochowiak Level 1

I've been publishing my projects in RoboHelp (WebHelpPro as a default) with no problems. All of a sudden, I get a call that my help page is no longer displaying on our intranet page when the link is clicked. When I click the link, this is what I get:RH Message Screen.jpg

I haven't changed any settings. And, to my knowlege, nothing has changed on our server.

Another weird piece of this is that files I haven't published in months are now also displaying this message.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thank you,

• 1. Re: Publishing in RH 7
          Jeff_Coatsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Are you using RoboServer? That's the only reason you would use the Pro versions of WebHelp or FlashHelp. Does the output launch if you generate locally? If so, then the problem's on your web server.

• 2. Re: Publishing in RH 7
            JBlochowiak Level 1

I don't think we are (my technology insights are very limited). We are a company on a very small budget.

Ordinarily everything has published fine, using the Pro version. Let me add that this was a project handed over to me, so I didn't actually set up all the parameters for publishing. All the settings seemed to work, so I didn't want to upset the apple cart, so to speak.

When I select WebHelp > right click and select View, everything looks just as it should. So yes, I agree it is a problem with the web server. Any thoughts on what I can tell our IT guys to look for?

What I don't understand is how a file that hasn't been touched in 8 months could one day be fine and the next day, display the message from my original post.

Any recommendations for IT would be greatly appreciated.

• 3. Re: Publishing in RH 7
              Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

Sounds like all you need to do is generate WebHelp instead of WebHelp Pro.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge