• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to paste text that is already formatted?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2010 Jan 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

I've met a problem with pasting formatted text into Robohelp.

For instance, I need to copy an example code from Visual Studio to Robohelp.

If I paste it to MS Word - it pastes correctly with the source code formatting.

And of course I have the paste options like "Keep source formatting", "Match Destination Formatting" and "Keep text only".

How do I paste such formatted text into Robohelp's topic?

I don't see anything like "Paste special" or other option like in Word.

Robohelp pastes with option "Keep text only".

It takes a lot of time to format any source code example.

Please help.

PS: Robohelp7 and Robohelp8

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2010 Jan 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mercifully when you paste from Word, it comes in as unformatted text. If it did not, it would have Word's version of HTML (hypertext mashed language!). I guess the same is happening with Visual Studio. Can you see the code in Visual Studio? If so you could try pasting at code level if the code is good.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering in Snippet 87 at this link might help.http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Please take a look at the example below. I have a code block which I need to be inserted in Robohelp with the same formatting.

I have no HTML-code for it. I've copied it to Word. But how to copy the source code from Word or how to copy it to Robohelp?

2010-01-18_155156.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked at the snippet I mentioned?

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but I don't understand what it should do.

I've done all that is written, but don't understand how it should help me, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2010 Jan 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a method Colum uses to enter code into a Formatted Text Field in RH rather than just entering it directly into the topic. Try pasting your code into a Formatted Text Field and then following Colum's instructions.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 21, 2010 Jan 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Why not just take a screen shot and treat it as an image. You could index code items so people can llok for it etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2010 Jan 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it will be a picture - how to copy and paste example code into the development environment?

The only way I see - is to convert formatted text into html and paste it into the html-code of a topic...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2010 Jan 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From the info you have provided us, the snippet mentioned provides just what you want. It effectively allows you to copy and paste text complete with all formatting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp