• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 7 Updates vs. Version Problem

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2010 Jan 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have RoboHelp 7 as part of the Tech.Comm. Suite. I started having persistent crashes when creating a very small Frame-RoboHelp Help project (using correct methods per the tutorial by RJ Jaquez). So I looked for updates and saw three for RoboHelp 7.0. I attempted to update RH using the Updater but it failed. so I went to the Support/Updates page and updated from there. Now my Add-Remove says that I have RH v. 7.0.3, but the Help > About says that the version is 7.00.145, which I'm pretty sure is not 7.0.3.(Or is it? There is no way to tell as far as I can discern.)

Please let me know which is correct - Help > About or the Add-Remove version. And if something is not right here, what would my next steps be? I hate the idea of having to remove RoboHelp completely/re-installing, but I will do so if needed.

One note: this software is on a client's computer, not my personal computer. In looking around, I see that the RoboHelp Help > Registration is active. Is this feature available if you have already registered? I'm thinking maybe the client did not register the software, and maybe that's why the updates are not working?

Sorry if I'm rambling, I'm just trying to move ahead with the FM-RH Help and this version question has me confused.

Thanks much,

--Gloria Mc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2010 Jan 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you load them sequentially? Adobe updates aren't cumulative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Yes, I installed the updates sequentially.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found one other post, http://forums.adobe.com/message/217327#217327,  but that person had better luck in the end. I suppose I will try the uninstall that Peter Grainge suggests there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

New week, new luck. Removing the 7.0.3 update in Add-Remove left me with version 7.02.001 in my Help > About. I re-installed 7.0.3 and now the Help > About matches the Add-Remove info. (Help > About = 7.03.001). So Peter's suggestion in other post worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp