Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Signature Acting up in 9 Pro, working fine in Reader

Former Community Member

I am having problem signing the forms in Adobe9 Pro. Getting an error (image attached). This is not an issue on Adobe9 Reader.

Help!

8 Replies

Former Community Member

Where is the digital certificate being accessed from?  Is it stored on the file system?  Was it installed into the Windows certificate store?  Is it registered in Acrobat as a digital id?

When does the error occur?  When you click a signature field? After you see the signature dialog?  After you select the ID to sign with?

Can you post a screen shot of the Advanced > Security Settings... dialog?  See attached sample.

Regards

Steve

Former Community Member

Thanks Steve! Please See my responses below:

Is it registered in Acrobat as a digital id?

Is there any special steps to follow for this?

When does the error occur?  When you click a signature field?

It occurs when you click on the signature field to sign the form.

Can you post a screen shot of the Advanced > Security Settings... dialog?  See attached sample.

Screen Shot attached.

Again, the signature field works fine in Reader 9. The problem is coming in 9 Pro.

Former Community Member

From you screen shot, it appears that you have not configured any digital certificates for signing.  What does the equivalent Security Settings dialog look like in Reader (as you stated that it works in Reader)?

Thanks

Steve

Former Community Member

Hi Steve,

Here the answers to some of your questions:

Where is the digital certificate being accessed from?......From the Certificate window under the Internet Options.

Is it stored on the file system? ……………………………Yes

Was it installed into the Windows certificate store? ……. No

After clicking on "OK" on the first error, I get another error (see iExploreError.bmp)

What does the equivalent Security Settings dialog look like in Reader (as you stated that it works in Reader)?

In Reader, I can see my Digital Certificate.

These forms are opened in Internet Explorer.

Former Community Member

If you can see the certificate form Internet Options in IE, then the certificate

is stored in the Windows Certificate store.

Can you post a screen shot of your Reader Security Settings dialog, and the Acrobat  Security Settings dialog and make sure the top node "Digital IDs" is selected when taking the screen shot.  This will ensure that we will see the digital certificates that Reader and Acrobat have access to on your system.

Regards

Steve

Former Community Member

Hi Steve,

I cannot post the screen shots here. Can I email to you? There's another issue that we are having and it would be helpful to get your input.

Thanks,

Sat

Former Community Member

Unfortunately I will not be available to look into this until the week after next as I am out of the country on business.  Hopefully someone else will have some input.

Regards

Steve

Employee

Hi,

Follow the below steps to add Digital ID in your Acrobat :

open Acrobat

Go to Advanced > Security Settings

On Security Settings dialog , Click Add ID

Follow the wizard and add the Digital ID (p12 or pfx file)

Ensure that the Digital ID is listed in Advanced > Security Settings > Digital IDs

Try to apply signature now, Let us knnow if you still see any issue

Thanks,
/Santosh/