Fatal Exception Error During Conversion

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2010 Jan 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH - Version 8.0.2.208

Windows XP Pro. V2002 service pack 3

Using Subversion Control

I use StatCounter to track the number of web hits. There is JavaScript code in each topic.

In RH7 I would sometimes receive the Exception message box shown below. I would click OK and never had any issues.

During conversion from RH7 to RH8, I received the Exception message box again. After about a minute I received the Fatal Exception message box.

Has anyone encountered these messages during conversion?

ExceptionError.png

If I click OK on the Exception box first and then OK on the Fatal Exception box RH stops working. I had to use Task Manager to close RH. If I reopen the project, my topics have footers in the headers, and other issues.

If I reverse the process, the project continues with conversion and I don't encounter footers in my headers. I have no idea what if anything else to expect to go wrong in the project. I am wishing that I could go back to RH7.

DM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2010 Jan 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suspect that something just needs a tweek to get things working although the fact that an error was thrown in RH7 would indicate that things were not exactly 100% even before the upgrade to RH8. Unfortunately I am not a Javascript expert but the fact that the problems in RH8 seem to be related to the header and footer I wonder if it may be worth inserting the Javascript in the body of the topic. It may have been placed there in RH7 but I wonder whether the conversion has placed it somewhere else. Just a thought.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp