• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC Missing +/- (expand/collapse) boxes

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2008 Jan 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never seen this before, but my TOC is suddenly missing the +/- expand/collapse topic buttons. Anyone know what the problem is here? TOC is set to binary.

Here are the params from the HHC file:

<object type="text/site properties">
<param name="FrameName" value="_blank">
<param name="WindowName" value="FreeDOM">
<param name="SiteType" value="toc">
<param name="Window Styles" value="0x800002">
<param name="ExWindow Styles" value="0x100">
</object>

Any change to params?

Thanks,

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 25, 2008 Jan 25, 2008
I found it. I'm well familiar with the TOC/Project Settings tabs but didn't originally see the Plus/Minus Squares checkbox. Actually, it was inactive. I could only activate it when certain other settings were enabled as well. Anyway, it's fixed. Thanks so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John

Is this for .CHM or WebHelp? If it's WebHelp, you need some images. You may obtain some by clicking here.

If it's for compiled .CHM, you need to look at the Single Source Layout properties. Click the Advanced... button, then the TOC Styles tab. Click to enable Lines from Root, then you will be able to choose Plus/Minus Squares.

Hope this helps a smidge... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your reply. It's compiled Help, .chm. I neglected to mention that I'm working with an ancient version of RH, SO ancient, in fact, that I may be beyond the reach of this forum. I'm running RoboHelp 9.1, as in eHelp's 2001 RH 9.1.

Rick, in my version, the controls that you are speaking of don't exist. : ) ...other ideas?

Thanks again.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John

Hmmm, okay. I think in that version you get to it via Project Settings. Try clicking File > Project Settings and see if you have a tab for the TOC.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it. I'm well familiar with the TOC/Project Settings tabs but didn't originally see the Plus/Minus Squares checkbox. Actually, it was inactive. I could only activate it when certain other settings were enabled as well. Anyway, it's fixed. Thanks so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi again

I could only activate it when certain other settings were enabled as well.

Yep, that's why I said you first have to click the "Lines from Root" check box first!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp