Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp freezes when inserting large Captivate Demo

Jan 11, 2009 Jan 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to insert a demo from My Captivate Projects, it suddenly freezes. It has happened several times. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jan 11, 2009 Jan 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You may experiencing what I frequently used to. Do you also have Captivate open on your PC? Here's the deal. I use both RoboHelp and Captivate and also frequently combine the two. So perhaps I just created a Captivate piece and want to use it in RoboHelp. I flip between the two and attempt to insert the Captivate. Then a hang. What gives?

Well, odd as it may seem, until you actually close the Captivate project in Captivate, it sort of has "hooks" into it. By closing the project in Captivate, I'm able to seamlessly insert it into RoboHelp.

Hopefully this helps you out... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2009 Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could this happen if you move a folder while a topic within the folder is open? Just curious because I did just that and my project has been in hang mode ever since. How do I stop the madness or do I simply have to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I suppose it could. You may find that RoboHelp will eventually close down and force you to restart it.

I tend to close all topics frequently just to be safe. I even recommend customizing RoboHelp HTML so you have a handy keyboard shortcut for doing it. Ctrl+Alt+X.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I were to use task manager to close the project would I regret it? Just deal with any broken links when I reopen the project. It's been over an hour of waiting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi again

I do it all the time. Generally speaking, you shouldn't really encounter many (if any at all) broken links. Especially if you have been rather diligent about saving your project files as you go.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 12, 2009 Jan 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp