• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I resolve the 'too many activations' on editions?

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2010 Jan 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been requesting a solution to this problem since September 2009 My submission casesw are 0202334756, 0181051710, 0202696874, 0181229170. I have recieved no positive response. One case was closed others as well with no response only aking for information which I submitted. I was informed now it is being passed on to higher authority again! I thought it wasw ok, bought £40 of books and then could not load them onto my Sony reader, due to thye same problem. I have telephoned at great expense to be told I had to go via the web portal.

As you can imagine I am totally frustrated and cannot understand why Sony relies on such an unstable piece of software. This fgorum talks about re setting the count, but why is it necessary? Why can Adobe just rewrite the software to work correctly.

Alan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 19, 2010 Jan 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies for your experience.  I have reset your activation count and sent a complaint to the support management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2010 Jan 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim

Thanks for that I have now managed to download my books onto my reader.

Cannot understand why it took so long to resolve via the help portal.

Hope your message to the support management has some effect.

Thanks Again

Alan Shaw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 22, 2010 Jan 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem here. I reported this at 7th Januar and yesterday again, but I still haven't received any reaction. My case number is #0181373561.

Kind regards,

Mirjam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 22, 2010 Jan 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reset your activations you have 3 computer and 3 device activations left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 26, 2010 Jan 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanx a lot, i'm very grateful!

2010/1/22 Jim Lester <forums@adobe.com>

I have reset your activations you have 3 computer and 3 device activations

left.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2013 Mar 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the same problem. I needed to install to reset my phone several times because of a hardware defect which always startet some days after installation of all programs. Therfore I used as it seems all my activations. Please set it back. because otherwise I am not able to read my ebooks (a lot of them I bougt but didn't read them). The same problem with my tablet due to a newer firmware. If there was a system with wich I could save my activations for a phone, tablet, pc please tell me.

But for now, please reset my activations!!

thanks

Chris

Adobe ID: christian@activebalance.at

Please give me notice to this email. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a similar problem

I installed adobe digital edition on two computers and I access all'accounta also through a 'Android app.

Having reset the phone a couple of times, now I can not register my Adobe id.

I ask you to reset the activations

My Adobe id is chiara.saletti78@gmail.com

Please give me notice to this email.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Jim , I'm having the same problem :: E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS, Error 2004, Adobe Digital Editions; kb405200

my Adobe id:nem-123@hotmail.com, im runing windows 8 pro -64 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2013 Apr 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you reset mine too? I have two new iPads i can not read my books anymore. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same boat...and after spending an hour trying to find the solution, need I say any more

Due to having to completely reset my kobo a couple of times I have been locked out...

So could an adobe representative please reset my account please

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try live chat:  http://www.adobe.com/support/chat/ivrchat.html

They are meant to be able to do it for you; though there have been some posts saying that some of them don't know how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does does anybody from Adobe monitor these forums or is it all BS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried live hat the other day and no option for what I wanted appeared

Tried later a couple of times with no result

Today I tried again and was successful

What a load of palapa to get such a simple problem solved

If I didn't need the software for my kobo ........need I say anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2013 Apr 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in giving feedback about my situation, I resolved a week ago, contacting customer support via chat.

They were very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2013 Apr 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not alone!

as a bookseller, i often change my e-book readers. After changing my e-book readers a few time, my newest one says "too many activations". Please reset my activations too. My Adobe-ID is 7720688L@meinoyo.com. Please give my a notice via e-mail.

Thanks, Luise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 14, 2013 Apr 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not sure anyone monitoring this forum will be able to reset your activations.

You must contact Adobe.  Live Chat is easiest: http://www.adobe.com/support/chat/ivrchat.html

Wouldn't it be good if Adobe just did it properly and had a web page where you could view and edit your activations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines