Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't hear audio output

Jan 21, 2010 Jan 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased the eLearning Suit. In attempting to use Captivate I find that I cannot hear audio output. I can record in Captivate (it seems) I can add outside audio files but I can hear nothing; any Ideas? I can test for recording via Captivate, but I can’t find anywhere to check the audio output configuration for Captivate. It may be an instillation issue as I am just starting to use the product.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Apologies for answering a question with more questions, but unfortunately, that's the way the dice roll sometimes.

What are you doing when you aren't able to hear audio?

• Previewing from inside Captivate where you click Preview > Project (F4)
  • Previewing by choosing Preview > Play this slide (F3)
  • Previewing by choosing Preview > In Web Browser (F12)

What is your operating system? There have been several issues reported if the OS is 64 bit Vista or Windows 7.

You should update Captivate to the latest service release. Just click Help > Updates... to check.

You may find the link below helpful.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick response. It turns out not to have been a Captivate problem. I don’t think. For some reason I can’t use my front audio input for recording in Captivate and in resolving that it screwed up my audio output. I can figure out the mic problem at my leisure since it does record off my webcam mic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw the USB mic issue article. The article seems to be pointing to 64 bit systems though, and I am in XP 5.1 sp3 32 bit. i woulder if I should try the upgrade anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2010 Jan 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Just listening to R. Strauss "Also sprach...", coincidence

Please, do upgrade, not only audio issues are resolved by this patch. Go to Help, Updates in CP.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 22, 2010 Jan 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you everyone. The fix file did the trick.

Just curious about how users feel about the Captivate 4 product. Is it relatively stable? Buggy? Any limitations you find frustrating? Any really great features? While their tech support/customer service leaves much to be desired I have found most Adobe products are good and relatively trouble free, considering their complexity. But I know there were a few bombs too; just looking to set reasonable expectations.

Thanks,

Zarathustra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources