• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why won't it let me select the text I want to change?

Jan 23, 2010 Jan 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the most frustrating program ever. No where can I find an answer

I've tried everything I've read on how to change text but I can never get the selection tool to select the text. Some say use the T tool but all that does is create a new white box over top of it to type new text in

The layer isn't locked and the closest I can get is a blue box around the button. Well it's not a button and in the library the icon is a movie clip. Its also in my "bitmaps" folder as and image? (tree icon) Does that matter? I'm begining to think this is a whole image? Am I right or not?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to edit text that is buried inside something, then you probably just need to keep doubleclicking at the textfield in question until you eventually break things down to where you've actually accessed the textfield.

Once you are down to the actual textfield you can either doubleclick it with the selection tool or click once with the text tool to open it up for entering text.

Try creating just a textfield by itself and see how to access its text using these tools as I've described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the clicking but it does nothing more than just bring up the blue box, double again it just removes the box. I can click a hundred times, it just won't get to it.

I know HOW to change text like "home" "about" I just don't see why I can't break through this...

It's a pre-loader. You know you open the site the little design pops up with the name in the center and below that has "Loading 100%" then the main page automatically opens up. I wouldn't mind checking and removing the pre-load screen but not sure how to do it properly yet...

But then their's the main page with the same little design and name in it which floats down and sits at the top left of the page as one unit. I can't access that text either...

I can change the "loading" text but I still can't get under the other...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look to see if the layer containing the text is locked (a small lock symbol near the layer name).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you drag a bitmap item (tree icon) from the library onto the stage and you see the text you are trying to edit... then yes the text is in an image and not editable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 24, 2010 Jan 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bah! Never thought of that...

Looks like it is an image, why the hell did they do that. Well I guess I'll find it in the PSD files and import a new one...

Above poster it's alright nevermind, it's just one image *takes some more headache pills*

Well while we're at it...

I know how to change images and you're supposed to make it the same size, but would the same effect be there? (image floating down and sitting at top left)

The current image is "33.png" so if I remade it in photoshop would it have to save as png? or does it matter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2010 Jan 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Could you explain to me what you have to do and what you have

done? Maybe if I reproduce the code in my Flash I could help.

MamenFLASH$

El 23/01/2010, a las 22:28, Xfoto escribió:

>

This is the most frustrating program ever. No where can I find an

answer

>

I've tried everything I've read on how to change text but I can

never get the selection tool to select the text. Some say use the T

tool but all that does is create a new white box over top of it to

type new text in

>

The layer isn't locked and the closest I can get is a blue box

around the button. Well it's not a button and in the library the

icon is a movie clip. Its also in my "bitmaps" folder as and image?

(tree icon) Does that matter? I'm begining to think this is a whole

image? Am I right or not?

>

Thanks

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines