Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content not visible in RH

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2010 Jan 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the strangest thing....

I am using RH 7 for HTML. I have one topic that is driving me nuts.  When I open the topic in RH, the page appears to be blank; however, when I press Ctrl+W, it looks just fine.  I looked at the code and it doesn't seem to have code for the page. It just appears to have a space in the Body.  I have tried to View Source and then copy the code and replace what is there with a paste, but nothing seems to change. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Also, RH seems to be putting weird code in my content.  I have never had this problem before.  It replaces content where I use a dash or quote with the actual HTML code in Design view, not just in HTML view.  It does not do it on every page, just on pages here and there.  It actually prints that way and also displays that was in the compiled Help.

It seems that I am having more and more issues with RH.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2010 Jan 25, 2010

You need local admin rights to install patches. Check with your IT admin.

Also if you are trying to update from the menu, you could try the downloads page on Adobe's site but you'll still need admin rights.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Using RH7 on my site, Item 14.

Do you have patch 7.0.1 applied?

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get the 7.0.1 patch to install.  It keeps giving me an error message that installation failed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need local admin rights to install patches. Check with your IT admin.

Also if you are trying to update from the menu, you could try the downloads page on Adobe's site but you'll still need admin rights.

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for the info.  After downloading the updates from the Adobe Downloads and installing them, everything is fine now. The blank pages populated and it is all working much faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp