Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frequent insertion of [”r;text”] where I entered ["text"]

Jan 25, 2010 Jan 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH7.  With annoying frequency I find [”r;text”] where I entered ["text"], like so:

zzQuote Error.gif

The replacement string has backward quotes as seen in my subject line.  Copy and paste, for some reason, does not bring them in here.  I have continually fixed manually, only to have them come back.  I have done a multi-file search and replace.  And they still return.

I can find no pattern.

• Usually, all quotes in a topic have been replaced if any have, but not always. 
  • I have two RH projects, and it happens in both.
  • It does not seem to affect topics based on when I last edited them.
  • It is not related to building the .CHM file. 
  • I had used RH7 for a number of months without the difficulty.  I only began seeing it after I reinstalled on a new computer, although I don't know if it  is related since I have no idea how long it had been happening before I noticed.

Why is this, and what do I do about it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not clear to me, and probably therefore to others, what you are trying to achieve and where the error you state is appearing. Can you be more specific so we can help you.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Following up what Colum has suggested, you may also want to look at this thread on the forum:

The "r; bug

Especially look at Peter Grainge's last post in that thread and note his comment about copy/pasting from Word and smart quotes in Word.

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh7/using_rh7.htm
Item 21

You will also want to make sure you have installed any Service Releases for RoboHelp 7 which can be found here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html

I have been using RoboHelp 8 now for more than a year and can't recall if there was any further "fix" done on this issue with RH7.

Hope this helps.
John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp