• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get rig of the 'Location' text in Topics found dialog box

Jan 21, 2010 Jan 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How do I get rid of the "Location" shown in Topics found dialog box?? Anybody?

Thank you,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2010 Jan 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot please to clarify what you are referring to. Please use the camera icon above to insert the image within the post.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RH are you using?  I'm using RH7, but I think this answer applies to other versions too.

It sounds to me like you are talking about the Search Results pane in a CHM file?

To remove the "Location" field, you need to disable the "Adv Search" feature for the window being used to generate the CHM.

On the Project Set-Up tab, open the "Windows" folder.  If you only have 1 entry, that's the one you want to modify. If you have multiple entries, you will need to look at the single source layout properties for the CHM build to discover which window you are using for the build.

Right-click the window and choose "Properties".

Un-check the "Adv. Search" box and click OK.

Re-compile the CHM.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screen1.jpg

Dave: your suggestion doesn't work, but it's appreciated.

I'm using Robo Help 8. With the screenshot my question should be pretty clear. Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, my solution was for the "Location" column in the full text search results listing.  Your picture looks like the popup window that is displayed from the Index tab.  I don't know of any way to switch off that "Location" field, sorry.

If you are working with a merged CHM file, you may want to display the location information.  In the search results listing, it allows users to sort by location.  But in a non-merged situation, displaying the same value in the location field is a bit redundant.

Good luck.  I hope you find your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 25, 2010 Jan 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The solution is in:

File => Project Settings => Uncheck Binary Index. The problem with that solution is that instead of showing the topic title in the "Topics found dialog box" it shows something like:

=====================================

Topics found

--------------------------------------------------------------

Title:

1_Chaptername.htm#Topicreference

D_Chaptername.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------

=====================================

It should say:

Topicreference

D Chaptername

---------------------------

Any ideas how to achieve that result?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp