• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading from RH7 to RH8 - Correct upgrade process

Jan 26, 2010 Jan 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have had RH8 for a while, but still worked with my project in RH7. The two versions are installed on two different computers.

I am now about to upgrade my project to RH8, and I have seen all the discussions about people having problems with upgrading to RH8. I have installed the patch 8.0.2. With this patch, will I encounter problems upgrading my project? Are there any precautions I should take (apart from a backup)?

I did try to search the forums, and I know there is a lot of information about the problems that occurred if you upgraded a project before installing patch 8.0.2. But I couldn't find any relevant topics describing how to updgrade a project after installing patch 8.0.2.

Regards,

Rannveig Østevik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each project is unique so it is impossible to say you will not hit problems. All I can say is note what is in my Using RH8 article, act on anything relevant, back up as you said and then open the project in RH8.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that. But the "folder bug" will not appear when I upgrade the project *after* installing the 8.0.2 patch?

Regards,

Rannveig Østevik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The purpose of that patch was to stop the folder bug problem and it has worked so far.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thx for the reassurance I'll give it a try. My project should be quite straight-forward, nothing fancy.

Regards,

Rannveig Østevik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp