Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topics edited in "Multi-File and Replace" open in Word

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2010 Jan 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I noticed that when I run a "Multi-File Find and Replace" operation, and results are found, I can click the Edit button and then edit the topic. This would be great, but the only problem is that the topic opens in Word.

How do I assign RoboHelp as the editor to be used?

I am using RoboHelp 7 and Office 2007

Thanks,

Jackie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Afaik, the file is opened with the default editor for that specific filetype. Your system probably has MS Word as the default html-editor. You set the default editor in the Internet Explorer settings: Extra | Internet options | Programs | HTML editor (translated, so the actual labels may differ).

If you want to add an editor that is not in the list, you need to add the editor in your registry. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa753633%28VS.85%29.aspx for instructions.

RoboHelp however, doesn’t open HTML-files outside of a project. I think you'll need to find the topic in your project and open it in RH itself.

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, William, you are correct, the default was Word.

I added RoboHelp to the list of editors in the Explorer, but unfortunately it does not work. Robohelp tries to open, but cannot because the .htm topic being edited is not the project file.

However, I noticed that I can make changes using Notepad, which are fine when I reload the page. When I tried this with Word, the topic became corrupt.

Thanks again,

-Jackie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp