• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I set an initial project-specific browse location when selecting to insert an image?

Enthusiast ,
Jan 26, 2010 Jan 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I work with many different projects at a time and am closing and reopening RH often throughout the day to work on these diff projects. When I reopen a different project and try to insert an image for a topic, it tries to open up the directory for the last inserted image I selected irrespective of its project. I then have to navigate to the current project directory in the Open dialog. It's a minor thing, but all the minor things add up over time...

Is there a setting somewhere where I can tell a project to use a use a default project-specifc location when browsing to select an image to insert into a topic? I looked but couldn't see such a thing.

Thanks much!

Jared

Lastest RH 7 Version

HTML Help Output (CHM)

Vista 32 Bit / Sp2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That'll be because that's the way it works. If it goes to a default location, it becomes a real pain when you want to have to insert several images from the same folder and you have to keep browsing from that default to where those images are.

It was changed to what you describe during the beta and everyone howled.

Maybe request a feature change allowing the author to choose between working with a default location and the last used folder. I'll bet though you will soon change to the last used folder.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answering. The current design isn't bad. I just think there are probably times when users would want to draw from a specified folder for a project. It probably depends on how each user works. For example, in my case, for my smaller projects I tend to store all my images for that project in a single folder at the root level of the project. For those projects it would be nice to be able to say whenever I'm working with this specific project, go to the project folder for images.

In my one huge project, however, I agree. I probably wouldn't want a set default location because I tend to store images under each chapter/folder and it would be a painful to continually have to jump from the default. But if there were some way to easily change the default--maybe by just clicking on a folder in the project manager tab or something--then you'd just set the default to the new folder you want to draw from.

But I agree it should be an option: Use Default Image Folder or Use Last Image Folder

I'll post an enhancement request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jared

Hopefully my colleague won't mind a suggestion here. RoboHelp has a feature that may help you with this. The feature is known as "My Places". When you browse for an image, you have an opportunity to configure a destination that will then appear in the "My Places" bar. Hopefully the image below will help explain what I'm talking about.

Click the image below to view at larger size.

tmp1.png

Once you configure a location in the My Places bar, it is a single click away!

You might note that in my own "My Places", I have a place called Shortcuts. This is really a folder with shortcuts to other locations. It's very handy to configure one of these so it appears in all your Windows dialogs. The link below offers help with that.

Click here to view

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2010 Jan 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I take the strongest exception to you coming into a thread just to provide information that might help the poster.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp