• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No htm in search results

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2009 Jun 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on an X5 project and when I search the published project, I only get pdfs, xls, doc, etc.  No htm files appear in the results.  Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?

I attached an image as an example.  This search should pull up at least 1 htm file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2009 Jun 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2009 Jun 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It absolutely is...  I also have 7 other projects that are WebHelp Pro outputs, but they have no issues...  Super wierd.  I tried deleting/renaming the .cpd.  Project crashed before opening.  Tried deleting/renaming the .cpd and .xpj, same thing.

We're running RoboEngine 3.  Do you think its a setting there?  I'm gonna poke around the server now.

Thanks so much for the quick response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry, but I must admit that I'm out of my depth of knowledge with RoboEngine/RoboHelp Server. I know of it and what it may do but have no real experience in using it.

You might try re-posting this issue in the RoboHelp Server/RoboEngine forum category. Perhaps it will catch the eye of John Daigle (Fellow Adobe Certified Instructor and avid RoboEngine fan) or Gravenstein (another very knowledgable RoboHelp Server/RoboEngine user). Or even Tulika (Adobe engineer that frequently answers questions about the RoboEngine/RoboHelp Server).

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to help me out, Rick.  NNTR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I figured out asolution, but not the answer...  I took a look at the URL that is produced when I open the project and I saw, what I though was an erroneous character ("|" - vertical bar/pipe; "shift+\") in between the project name and the default window ("Project|NewWindow").  I deleted it, pressed "Go" on my browser, and it refreshed the page with a fully functioning search.

However, after looking at my other projects, I noticed the vertical bar is included in each URL, yet the search works fine...  Idk, apparently the browser misunderstands the "|" for that single project...  Weird.

Regardless, the project is "back to normal".  If anyone has anymore information, based on my findings, please let me know.  I'm still not sure exactly what is going on, I'm happy its working!

Do I get 10pts for answering my own question? Haha!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I spoke too soon!  The vertical bar simply removed the reference to my "problem" project's "NewWindow", and called up an old "NewWindow" from an old project on the server...  I moved the old project off the server, and now my project hangs when I open it (I'm guessing its looking for the missing "window").

Anywho, I'm back to where I started, but at least I have more info...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2010 Jan 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Поиск на русском языке некорректно работает, Знает кто-нибудь как это подкорректировать?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 27, 2010 Jan 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

with my very limited Russian, this person seems to be asking how to correct RH when search doesn't work in

a project written in Russian..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp