Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

chm file does not work for some users.

Jan 21, 2008 Jan 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I distributed my chm file to users or readers, some of them complained that the project is empty at the same time it is working fine for other users.
After reading Robohelp user guide, I knew that the user PC should have these two prerequisites; internet explorer 6 or later & a DLL file. After making sure these prerequisites are met, the chm file is still not working.

could you help me to configure the reason.

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although you don't say, I suspect the users are running the CHM on a network drive. If so, click here for a detailed explanation of the problem and the potential solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your quick reply,
you are right, users are running he help file from a location in the server. Actaully I am planning to place the help files in a server in the customer location where users will be able to reach the help system through a link.

The information you provided were helpful and as I read the contents of the attachment, I understand that I have these options:
either to change on the registry of the users' machines
or change my output to Webhelp.

but my big question, why it works in some machines and some not???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi ahlam323

It could also be the case where you copied or downloaded the .CHM from the internet and is being blocked by the local PC operating system. In case this is the issue, I have documented the steps you would use to work past that at this link right here.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp