8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 25, 2010 5:01 AM by Krish.praveen RSS

Flex and SOAP 1.2 ?

Adnan Doric Community Member

I posted this question on other Adobe Flex forum too, sorry but I really don't know where to post it in order to obtain the response concerning the Flash Builder 4, so feel free to remove the one that is posted in wrong Forum

I know that Flex Builder 3 is not compatible with SOAP 1.2 (only 1.1).

Can someone from Adobe please respond if you plan to make at least Flash Builder 4 compatible with SOAP 1.2 ?

For the record, SOAP 1.2 was officialy approuved in 2003 by W3C (W3C recommendation on June 24, 2003).

Thank you in advance for your response,

and thank you for all great software

• 1. Re: Flex and SOAP 1.2 ?
          Adnan Doric Community Member

Good news everyone !

Apparently, it is deferred for Gumbo

So I suppose Flash Builder 4 will be compatible with SOAP 1.2 !

(an official confirmation wouldn't hurt )

• 2. Re: Flex and SOAP 1.2 ?
            matt_chotin Community Member

Deferred for Gumbo means it won't be in Flex 4.  We are looking for folks in the community who are interested in working on this kind of code.

• 3. Re: Flex and SOAP 1.2 ?
              bornaeon Community Member

Dear Matt,

Why not?

Now, I'm developing Flex project that comminucate with .NET 3.5 Web services (WCF) with my team and we have to use SOAP 1.1 and BasicHttpBinding. And you know, this option is so basic and does not support Security Mode, Reliable Messaging and even Transaction Flow... So, If we'll have this option in Flex 4 that will be so good for us and security of our projects in this case...

Also, I'm intracting with Srinivas Annam about this subject in Adobe DevNet, you can see in this page:

I'm waiting for good news from you

• 4. Re: Flex and SOAP 1.2 ?
                matt_chotin Community Member

Sorry, no further development on SOAP 1.2  in the flex 4 timeframe.  We're always looking for folks to step up and contribute.

• 5. Re: Flex and SOAP 1.2 ?

No problem... I'll waiting for this, in next versions of Flex after Gumbo

Dear matt, thanks for your reply and all of your hard working on biggest kind of technology and greatest SDK in the world, my lovely Flex

• 6. Re: Flex and SOAP 1.2 ?
                    Krish.praveen Community Member

I am getting this exception, while calling the web service.

Error: SOAP Response Version Mismatch
                    at mx.rpc.soap::SOAPDecoder/decodeEnvelope()[C:\autobuild\3.3.0\frameworks\project s\rpc\src\mx\rpc\soap\SOAPDecoder.as:266]
                    at mx.rpc.soap::SOAPDecoder/decodeResponse()[C:\autobuild\3.3.0\frameworks\project s\rpc\src\mx\rpc\soap\SOAPDecoder.as:236]
                    at mx.rpc::AsyncResponder/result()[C:\autobuild\3.3.0\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\ mx\rpc\AsyncResponder.as:84]
                    at mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/acknowledge()[C:\autobuild\3.3.0\frameworks\projects\rpc\s rc\mx\rpc\AsyncRequest.as:74]
                    at DirectHTTPMessageResponder/completeHandler()[C:\autobuild\3.3.0\frameworks\proj ects\rpc\src\mx\messaging\channels\DirectHTTPChannel.as:409]
                    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
                    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
                    at flash.net::URLLoader/onComplete()

Can you please help me out to check the present version i use and resolve the same.

Thanks in advance.

• 7. Re: Flex and SOAP 1.2 ?

which version of flash builder or flex SDK are u using? and what kind of web-service? such as simple .net web service, WCF web service or etc. ?!

• 8. Re: Flex and SOAP 1.2 ?
                        Krish.praveen Community Member

Here are the details.

Flex Builder 3.0, Flex SDK 3.3, Simple .Net Web services (Connected throug Wizard).

Hope this will help you out.