• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I don't know wich 'platform' to use

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2008 Jan 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All Im trying to create is apage to add to our companys intranet. Our dept. has a portal page on this network.
Im using Robohelp to create a nice looking 'storage' area for reports and documents etc.... our web is very basic and not very user friendly in terms of storing and displaying document....hence Robo help. My question is, wich platform should I be using with my project? I will be uploading this to our company intranet. Users will simply click on the reports/documents they want to see and print possibly. Help?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there lakle1 and welcome to our community

By "platform", do you mean to ask about PC, Mac, LINUX/UNIX? Or are you instead asking about the Output? (.CHM vs WebHelp/FlashHelp)?

RoboHelp only runs in Windows. As for the output, you would typically want a .CHM if you want the user to access the help off the local C drive. Or WebHelp/FlashHelp if you plan to deploy via a company intranet or off the internet.

Hopefully this helps some... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Excellent. Thank your for your quick reply. Your correct - Im referring to the output, also yes it will be on a server.
I think Im on the right track. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp