7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2013 11:00 PM by emilydecker RSS

Flash Player for Windows Mobile 6?

Topgun505
      I find it hard to believe with more and more advanced phones and more Windows based devices out there that Adobe doesn't have hardly any info on its site regarding these devices. The latest info I can find is regarding Windows Mobile 5.

Is there currently any version of Adobe Flash Player or Flash Lite which operates on Windows Mobile 6 devices and where can it be downloaded?
        • 1. Re: Flash Player for Windows Mobile 6?
          mucatron Community Member
          Hi Topgun505,

You are right our WM page is very out of date and we plan on updating it soon. We're right in the middle of shipping Flash Lite 3 for the Windows Mobile platform, further to that we have also shown desktop Flash 10 running on the platform too.

We announced the Flash Lite Distributable Player at MAX 2008 and within this project we support WM5 and WM6.x devices.

You can find more information and sign up to the private beta here:
          www.adobe.com/go/distribute

Regards,

Mark Doherty
          www.flashmobileblog.com
          • 2. Re: Flash Player for Windows Mobile 6?
            sad0123

We announced the Flash Lite Distributable Player at MAX 2008

download divx movies and within this project we support WM5 and WM6.x devices.
            • 3. Re: Flash Player for Windows Mobile 6?
              uthrav

Hi,

I a helping a client get a flash game working on his samsung omnia  with WM6.1.

When I send him a package containing the swf with an swf widget, it shows up when he installs it but says 'Flash is not available for your device'. He tried downloading flash lite 2.1 but says it did not help. I know why; the packager menu in Flash Windows -> Other Panels -> packager said it was using Flash lite 3.1. So, will this issue be fixed if I package the Flash Lite 3.1 cab with the swf?? Tell me, where can I get this cab (flash  lite 3.1) Also, is it really necessary for a user to manually delete older versions of flash lite before adding a new version??

Another thing I tried was sending him the just  projector file (xxx.exe) from publishing the app within flash. This did not work either; it said that this is not a valid app for pocket PC (does this need a dll of some sort to run?? How do I create a cab with just the projectorr and an required DLL and no .swf or how do I point the device to run the projector file and not the .swf within the cab? THe packager creates an xml with the widget pointing to the swf by default.)

Can you please please send me some pointers on getting this installed on his device?? I am all at sea here and the worst thing is I don't have an onia for testing. Would really really appreciate your help

much regards and hoping to hear from you

Uthra

• 4. Re: Flash Player for Windows Mobile 6?
                acarrothers

Agreed, Adobe needs to publish more documentation on this.

• 5. Re: Flash Player for Windows Mobile 6?
                  dcacrobat Community Member

Much thanks for your informative commentary.  I posted for about six months on this with no replies.  I did follow the distribution link but did not see where one could sign up for beta players.  Did find a list of supported windows mobile phones.  Regrettably, my HTC Touch Pro [WM6.1] was too old to make the cut.In your estimation would a legacy device benefit from any upcoming players?  Much thanks in advance for your learned opinion.

DC Phil

• 6. Re: Flash Player for Windows Mobile 6?
                    superjohn5566

Agreed, Adobe needs to publish more documentation on this.

Walking Street Pattaya

• 7. Re: Flash Player for Windows Mobile 6?
                      emilydecker Community Member

Helly Everyone!

window 6 is old version in windows mobile industries, while concluding this i must say that samsung windows phone is such an incredibly designed gadget that offers you Windows Phones 8 operating system, wireless charger and may more high tech specs.....

Thank's All