Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add/create Clock, Timer, Timecode or Countdown

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2010 Jan 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've just tried to find in these forum, with google etc. but I just can't find a way:

What do I like to do?

How to add a time/clock/timer/timecode, visible in the picture with

Minutes:Seconds:Hundredth (or Frames 25/30/60)

"xx:xx:xx"

Samples:

Here's a sample how I'd like to do it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajNXfx4FBOI

At the moment I am trying my best with some bike racing footage like this:

http://vholdr.com/video/afm-race-round-5-650-twins-2009-full

Goal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lha_ZqWxCJA

Can anyone help?

Regards,

Marc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 24, 2010 Jan 24, 2010

In PrPro and AfterEffects, there is a TimeCode Effect, that, when applied to a Transparent Video Clip, will do exactly what you want. One could size it and position (fixed Effect>Motion>Scale & Motion>Position), as needed. The version in AfterEffects will also allow one to color and change fonts, as is needed. PrE 4 (my version) does not have the TimeCode Effect, but I do not know about later versions.

There is a plug-in, DVDate (there are actually two, but I am referring to the free Russian one)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In PrPro and AfterEffects, there is a TimeCode Effect, that, when applied to a Transparent Video Clip, will do exactly what you want. One could size it and position (fixed Effect>Motion>Scale & Motion>Position), as needed. The version in AfterEffects will also allow one to color and change fonts, as is needed. PrE 4 (my version) does not have the TimeCode Effect, but I do not know about later versions.

There is a plug-in, DVDate (there are actually two, but I am referring to the free Russian one), might be able to add the TimeCode to your footage, but I have never used it, as I have PrPro and AE. You might want to explore DVDate, to see if it works for you.

If it does not, contact me via PM (from your Profile>Personal Messages), and I can get the exact details, such as Duration, approximate size, starting point, etc., and can create a DV-AVI (or similar) of the Transparent Video with the TimeCode Effect added. I can then post that to YouSendIt, for you to download and use. You could then Import that footage, place it on a higher Video Track, size/position as required, and you'd have it.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hunt,

thanks-a-lot for the quick answer.

I am using Premiere Elements 8.0 on a 64-Bit machine and Windows.

I will try this:

http://www.dvdate.ru/en/dvrecdate.html

and let you know about the result.

Regards,

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marc,

I think that it will get you what you want, but have never used it to know for sure. I think that I have the download, but have never installed, 'cause I had other methods to create what I needed, and all in my other programs.

Please let us know if it will do the trick for you. There are also probably tons of "stock" timer footage out on the Internet, and in all sorts of displays. With the popularity of 24, and 48 Hours, I would assume that many have created all sorts of "counters," going both up, and down.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2010 Jan 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

here my results.

You can install it.

It shows up in Effects.

But as soon as you've put it in - Premiere Elements 8.0 crashes.

It even shows implemented time in the preview, but as soon as you work with it for more then 2-10 seconds it let's Premiere crash.

Seems like we have to wait for an update from the developer.

Regards,

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marc,

Interesting. Maybe there was a change in the way that PrE 8 works with plug-ins. This happens a lot. Also, are you on a 64-bit OS? That could well be an issue. Many commercial 3rd party plug-ins are having to be completely rewritten, as their older versions do not work in a 64-bit environment.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

There is a plug-in, DVDate (there are actually two, but I am referring to the free Russian one), might be able to add the TimeCode to your footage, but I have never used it, as I have PrPro and AE. You might want to explore DVDate, to see if it works for you.

The one at http://www.dvdate.ru/en/dvrecdate.html now has a €19.95 cost. The site does not say what the limitations of the download are.

Cheers,
--
Neale
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neale,

Thank you for the info. It looks like things have changed. The only person that I knew, who had used DVDate, and was on this forum, was ATR. Since I have all that I need in either PrPro, or AE (more control and adjustments), I never looked into either program, the then free one, or the commercial one from another developer.

Now, I know to not tout one as "free."

Appreciated,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This add in is no longer free!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Remember, there are two different programs with that name. Do check for both. Now, it could well be that both are shareware now. It would not be the first time that a freeware product went shareware. Just be judicious in checking both.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines