• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot record full motion (drag and drop)

Jul 03, 2006 Jul 03, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I got a problem with recording full motion. Also if I use the shortkey F9 its not starting. I tried many other shortcuts but it always records "Press F9 Key". Auto starting full motion is also not working.
Thanks for help.
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yoxo and welcome to our community

The only thing that comes to mind is possibly clicking Options > Recording Options... > Full Motion Recording tab and checking to see how the Record at higher full motion capture rate for smoother movie option is set. However you find it (selected or DE-selected) I'd try the opposite setting and seeing if the behavior changes. Other than that, also changing the Working folder to perhaps C:\.

Hopefully one of these suggestions helps directly or helps spawn a thought that does. Or possibly others will chime in with other/better suggestions and insights.

Sincerely... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.

I tried it but without any luck. Also if I want to start manual full motion recording captivate always records my keystoke and maked a screenshot.
Thanks Torsten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 04, 2006 Jul 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to explore this some more (curiousity killed the cat).

Torsten, are you saying that no matter what keyboard key you set to begin and end full-motion, you are getting ... what, exactly??

A Windows/Captivate dialog that says "Press F9 Key"?? Or what?

And when you try to force (manual) full-motion, " Captivate always records my keystrokes and maked (sic) a screenshot" - - what - exactly - does that sentence mean???

Thanks much for your help ... there is (to me) a lot of confusion in your description, so maybe if we can get that cleared up, we will know what the problem is, and take a crack at fixing it with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 04, 2006 Jul 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for my bad explaition, me not that good at english language 🙂

I will try to explain again :)
Everytime I hit the key for the manual full motion recording, dont matter to what key is set for it. If I hit this key (now strg+F9), Captivate alway records this keystoke as a part of my tutorial. I mean Captivate is not recording in full motion it records it makes a screenshot with my keyhit.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 07, 2006 Jul 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Torsten, I think the problem is you are using dual keys to begin full-motion recording(?). Try using just the function-key "F9" all by itself and see if that helps.

I think it is possible you are using a 2-key combination and Captivate thinks the first keystroke is a keyboard key to be captured - instead of a command to begin full-motion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources