• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HD to SD Tutorial

LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2009 Sep 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff Bellune, noted author, frequent contributor to several Adobe fora and a Community Expert, has just posted a link to his TUTORIAL on getting SD material from HD original material. It is based on PrPro CS4, but much will apply directly to PrE.

While Premiere can down-rez HD to SD, the results are not the best. Jeff uses free, open-source programs to get the ultimate output.

If you have HD material and wish to end up with SD material, this would be a must-read.

Hunt

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2009 Dec 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an ARTICLE by Dan Isaacs, regarding down-rezzing HD to SD, and hosted by Jeff Bellune.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2010 Jan 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note that Jeff Bellune has posted a new location for the TUTORIAL in the last reply here. Be sure to scroll down for the current location.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2010 Feb 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Hunt.  But the new link is for Dan's AviSynth filter.  He's updated it, and the new version isn't at the old link.  My tutorial is still in the same place.  I think.

-Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2010 Feb 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Thank you for that correction,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2011 Feb 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed my new CS5.  When I export my HD sequence, recorded on a Canon XHA1s in full HD, I find that my options are fairly limited in terms of what format and presets are available.  Also, I have no control over the bitrate or quality as these are grayed out.

I'm looking for a single source for two answers to what I think are the two questions this discussion has raised:

1.    What format and preset is best for the export and rendering of full HD sequences, when the plan is to burn them to a standard DVD to be played on a standard DVD player.

2.    What format and preset is best for the export and rendering of full HD sequences, when the plan is to burn them to a Blue Ray DVD to be played on a Blue Ray DVD player?

And I have one additional question:  Why are my choices in the codec area grayed out and why can I not create a custom preset?  Is there a preference or setting somewhere along the way I forgot to enable?

Thanks to all for the great help this forum provides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2011 Feb 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Marcus,

I would post your questions to the PrPro CS5 Forum, as few will likely see it here, since this is a repository for tips & tricks, and not really used as a discussion forum.

Users, such as Jeff Bellune, who wrote the linked tutorials here, and Colin Brougham, will likely be able to help you. Plus, Colin has been writing a FrameServer program for CS5, see HERE.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines