• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7 upgrade to 7.0.1 prevents generate

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2008 Mar 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I install 7.0.1 upgrade I can't gernerate my project. Took me awhile to debug this but it is the 7.0.1 upgrade that causes my generate to lock up. No error during generation, it just dies. I can uninstall the upgrade and everything is back to normal.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JohnInCO

Does this happen with ANY project? Or possibly specific projects? Also, have you tried creating a new layout? Does that change anything?

Just thinking out loud here... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good thoughts Rick. Amazingly, the sample project works but none of my 3 converted projects (from RH6) work. I tried deleting the cpd, making a new SSLayout and all the usual stuff. The crazy thing is that another techwriter I work with does not have this probem with the same projects! I suspect it is some software conflict or corrupt something or other on my PC but I have no idea where to begin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we talking about RoboHTML or RoboHelp for Word. If the latter, see Using RH7 on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHTML v7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the project on a local drive and are you generating to a local drive?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2008 Mar 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Everything is as it should be and works fine until I install V7.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, try rebuilding the cpd file in your previous version, THEN upgrading to 7.x. I ended up doing that because I had the same issues trying to go from 5 --> 6, and then when trying to go from 5 --> 7. I rebuilt the CPD in v5, and the upgrade to 7 went off without a hitch.

good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
More details. My co-worker was mistaken. He had not built since updating from v7 to v7.0.1 and can't build the projects either. We will try the delete of the cpd and report back.

-John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp