Exit

Question about CFGRID

Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2010 Feb 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks -

While populating a CFGrid, either through a query or perhaps some other method:

Is it possible to control individual cells within the grid?

Can I add in logic that may change certain cells within the grid to different colors based upon other factors from the query?

I am looking for ways to control the logic as I am displaying the grid.

Thanks,

Doug

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found cfgrid to have some kind of memory leak after so many calls to a cfm page that included this tag.  Take an extra day and code your own styles to imitate cfgrid - it's really pretty simple. Use div, table, tr, td, css styles, gradient fills, mouse overs, etc. Then you are completely in control! -N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before charging off and rolling your own, possibly check as to whether the jQuery grid offering (http://trirand.com/blog/jqgrid/jqgrid.html) will meet your needs.  It looks pretty cool (I haven't used it).

natedog409, have you got a replicable test case that demonstrates the memory leak in <cfgrid>?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam -

I was actually looking at that particular solution also. But I need to figure how I can control individual cells

and display tag tips, or change the background color on cells that may have been changed since a previous version.

I need some way to add logic into it.

Any and all ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2010 Feb 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A,

Look at following thread. Make your starting point at the The_Newguy's posts: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/130489 . He mentions the way to duplicate the issue. This was exactly what happened to me. I haven't looked at cfgrid since encountering this same problem and finding that thread a few months back.

P.S. Could you take a look at my last reply on my other post regarding CF8 not communicating with IIS6.0 at: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/565262?tstart=0 ? I think this might be a bug that occurs in certain limited situations.

Thx,

Nate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2010 Feb 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look at following thread. Make your starting point at the The_Newguy's posts: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/130489 . He mentions the way to duplicate the issue. This was exactly what happened to me. I haven't looked at cfgrid since encountering this same problem and finding that thread a few months back.

I followed that one up: I want to get to the bottom of it...

P.S. Could you take a look at my last reply on my other post regarding CF8 not communicating with IIS6.0 at: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/565262?tstart=0 ? I think this might be a bug that occurs in certain limited situations.

Yup, saw it & didn't have anything to add.  I am not an expert in IIS, and have never encountered this happening, sorry.  Hopefully someone else will have some ideas.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nate,

Thanks for your suggestion.  Part of me wants to do that so I can really control some of the finer details,

but I may need the functionality of moving columns or sorting the data very quickly within each column.

So that's why I was looking at CFGRID.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation