Expand my Community achievements bar.

Open Office for PDF Generator

Level 1

Hi,

We have installed Adobe LiveCycle PDF generator on Linux platform & to make it functional we need to install the open office. Do we really need to install the open office? Or it will work only by coping the open office lib files and setting the class path for OpenOffice_PATH? 

6 Replies

Level 10

You need to install Open Office.

Jasmin

Level 1

Is it will work if we set the class path of open office executable?

Former Community Member

No.

The OpenOffice_PATH environment variable must be set to the OpenOffice installation folder (instead of the path to the executable). A typical value of OpenOffice_PATH on Windows would be C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3.0\.

Level 2

Hi all, I just wanted to extend this thread because i have a quick related question. We have a unix environment with pdfg installed but for whatever reason, open office was missed out in the installation, so whenever i try to run a pdfg service i get an error. Would simple installing openoffice suffice (an setting the environment variables), or would i have to reinstall pdfg? Unfortunately i don't have easy access to the server itself, so i'd like to try and be reassured that i'm going down the right path.

Thanks

Level 2

You would need to uninstall livecycle, install open office, then reinstall livecycle.  LC should always be the last thing installed.

Level 2

Oh man, that sucks! So if I wanted to install a component that had dependicies but I didn't have those depencies till now, then I have to install the whole server again rather than just that component (with the dependicies installed) through the configuration manager?