• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing .air file on Windows 7 64-bit

Participant ,
Feb 01, 2010 Feb 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using TCS2 to create my .air file.  It doesn't install on Windows 7 64 bit.  I posted the following text in the Adobe AIR forum 3 days ago, but have no replies.  I'm hoping someone here may have the answer.  Yes, I did check Peter's site.

This batch command works in XP and in Windows 7 32-bit, but not in  Windows 7 64-bit:

@echo off

REM
REM  Set location to install to.  (This  dir must exist or install wont work!)
REM
set  INSTLOC="c:\producthelp"

REM
REM  Install help.
REM
AdobeAIRInstaller.exe  -silent -eulaAccepted -location %INSTLOC% "Product Help.air"

(product  name replaced with Product.) We are using the latest (today's)  AdobeAIRInstaller.exe.   We have tried using identical syntax to install  other .air files from the Adobe site; they did not install either. Is  there something simple we're missing here?  Is there a known issue with  installing .air files on 64-bit Windows 7?

I've "googled" and found nothing that seems appropriate.  Anyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2010 Feb 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the reason you have had no reply is that no one has an answer. The only thing I can think of is to ask if the AIR file installs if you run it normally rather than from a batch file. If it does, then you know where the problem is but I cannot help you with that.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 03, 2010 Feb 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is interesting. Customers are now reporting the same problem (installation hang) on XP32.  In addition, they are seeing multiple versions of AIR icons in Control Panel: Add or Remove Programs, with slightly different spellings.  One IT Mgr thinks that the install program is trying to grab a newer AIR from the Web, but it is not designed to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 22, 2010 Mar 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What do the logs say?

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb403123.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp