• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another DRM Activator (error) question...

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2010 Feb 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello gang,

I've got a user on a brand new machine this morning after the old one died abruptly.

We were able to obtain her ONE Adobe D/E document and just a handful of others docs from her old machine (not accessible any longer). But she only had this one Adobe Digital Editions file....... and now she cannot open it.....

We've installed Adobe D/E's latest (as of 2 hours ago) and are having one helluva time opening HER document citing the following error below....

The Meat Buyers Guide.PDF

Adobe DRM Error

System: 7

State: 4

Class: 15

Code: 57

Please check your network connection and try again.

Scroll below or view error.log for more details.

Your Adobe software could not be activated.

The Adobe DRM Activator is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

--- end ---

First it mentions not being available. But I can successfully launch http://adeactivate.adobe.com/  I grabbed from an Adobe KB, plus Library > Authorize Computer says she's OK (can't think of msg exactly, but it wasn't an error).

Suggestions???

BWB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 03, 2010 Feb 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately that file is no longer recoverable.  That error code indicates that the file was encrypted using an ACS3 server.  Until Dec 15th 2009, it was possible to migrate ACS3 protected content using Adobe Digital Editions (1.5 or above - basically the past year and half), however on Dec 15th the Activation server for the ACS3 server was taken offline.  (see http://www.adobe.com/products/contentserver/migrate.html for details )

While this does not affect the ability to read content on a currently working machine, if that machine dies (as is the case for this user) you will no longer be able to read the content.

If the user thinks that they did migrate the file (by opening it up in ADE post 1.5) then make sure you are getting the correct copy of the file from the 'My Digital Editions' (it'll differ from the original by having the information needed to open it up in ADE now, added at the bottom of the file ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines