• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help Load back when Clicked on the Browser's Back Button...

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2010 Feb 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using the RoboHelp 8 and JavaScript CSH API (RoboHelp_CSH.js) which shiped with the RoboHelp (Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 8\CSH API\JavaScript).

Everythings works perfect , but i have one  issue that the Popuped up Robohelp loads againg when user clicks on Back button for the parent window.

Let Me Explain in Details

I have one Edit Page where i have attached the Help to Each Field. When user clicks on Help of Field1 then RoboHelp Popup's Properly with Mapped ID. Now When User clicks on the Browser back button of Edit Page it loads the Same RoboHelp Page which i opened by clicking on the Help Icon of Field1.

I used to Call the RoboHelp As

RH_ShowHelp(0,'../../WebHelp/Help/index.htm>CSHwindow', HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 1111);

Please suggest me any solution for this.....I have only this issue remained .......

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2010 Feb 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this back button is based on the browser's history. If there is no browser history, the back button will just display the same page as is currently displayed. it sounds like you are opening a browser session for the help which has no browsing history, therefore the Back button does nothing.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2010 Feb 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i am not opening any new Browser Session.wht i did is like this.. i put the Published web Help Content inside the Appplication (In Help Folder). Then when calling the CSH Help i am calling the JavaScript function

RH_ShowHelp(0,'../../WebHelp/AdminHelp/index.htm>CSHwindow', HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 1111);">

here ../../WebHelp/AdminHelp/index.htm is the  Home Page of my Help .Once this opened up it Makes an Browser Histrory Entry .Hence when user clicks back aftre reading the Help ,he/she will see again the Help Popup as it has entry in Browser History.See the attached File

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp