• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfinput calendar type shows up behind fields

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2010 Jan 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've Googled this thing to death and tried everything I can think of regarding style attributes, absolute/relative positioning, different z-index values, etc.  I've read articles about CSS bleed-through, etc.  Whether I use cfinput or regular old html input fields, I just can seem to keep this from happening.  Can anyone enlighten me?  Maybe I'm just headed down the wrong path.  Any input would be great!

Before clicking calendar:

before.PNG

After clicking:

after.PNG

code snippet:

<cfform

method="POST" action="speed.cfm" name="test">

<table class="DataGrid" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" rules="all" border="1" >

<tr class="DataGridHeader">

<th scope="col">Client</th><th scope="col">Project</th><th scope="col">Date</th><th scope="col">Note</th><th scope="col">Hours</th>

</tr>

<cfloop from="0" to="4" index="i">

<tr>

<td valign="top" align="center">

<select name="sIPSAccountID" onchange="">

<option value="">Client <cfoutput>#i#</cfoutput></option>

</select>

</td>

<select name="sIPSAccountID" onchange="">

<option value="">SR <cfoutput>#i#</cfoutput></option>

</select>

</td>

<cfinput type="datefield" enabled="true" name="sBeginDate#i#" value="1/26/2010">

</td>

<td valign="top" align="center"><textarea rows="2" cols="15" style="overflow:hidden;"></textarea></td>

<td valign="top" align="center"><input type="text" size="1" maxlength="2"></td>

</tr>

</cfloop>

</table>

</cfform>

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2010 Feb 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone out there able to reproduce this?  I'm curious if it's just something in my code or inherently wrong with the flash calendar.  If anyone has a quick 5 min to take a look it would really help me out of a bind.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2010 Feb 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, please pardon my extream level of sarcasim here, but either this problem is easily solvable and it's being viewed as a noob issue or an RTM issue, or it just isn't an interesting enough problem to review for the members of the forum.  Bummer 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...either this problem is easily solvable and it's being viewed as a noob issue or an RTM issue, or it just isn't an interesting enough problem to review for the members of the forum.  Bummer 😞

It's often just timing.  Since these are user to user forums, everyone has their own job to do. So people respond as time allows.  But most of the regulars here are happy to give a quick test of self-contained examples (like the one you posted) .. when they see them that is 😉

Anyway, it is definitely a bug. You must have been using the wrong search terms.  I did a quick search and found a bunch of mentions of issues with cfinput type="datefield".  A very quick test of a suggestion from the thread below seems to work.

http://www.coldfusionguy.com/ColdFusion/blog/index.cfm/2007/11/5/CF8-AJAX-Features-CFInput-TypeDateField--CFDiv---Internet-Explorer--Glitch

<cfset maxLoop = 4>

<cfform method="POST" action="speed.cfm" name="test">
<table class="DataGrid" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" rules="all" border="1" >
<cfloop from="0" to="#maxLoop#" index="i">
<tr>
    <cfset zIndex = maxLoop - i>
    <cfoutput>
    <td valign="top" align="center" style="z-index: #zIndex#; position:relative;">
        <cfinput type="datefield" enabled="true" name="sBeginDate#i#" value="1/26/2010">
    </td>
    </cfoutput>
</tr>
</cfloop>
</table>
</cfform>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-==cfSearching==- , you are in fact THE BOMB!    Thanks for the reply, that is the solution I was looking for.  Impatience usually drives my poor forum search strings, haha.  It looks like the guy from ColdFusionGuy submitted that bug (#70618) in Nov 2007, I'm guessing it fell down the priority list since there's a workaround out there.  If it wasn't fixed in the last 3 yrs, it probably wont be.  Thanks again, I was having a total @#$%! day and you turned it right around!

Many thanks,

-Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impatience usually drives my poor forum search strings, haha.

Though this forum's search features are better than the previous one .. I prefer to rely on the near omniscience of google 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or it just isn't an interesting enough problem to review for the members of the forum.

That's what it was for me 😉

Actually I hardly ever use the UI stuff in CF, so it's not where my expertise lies.  So I leave issues like this for a while in case anyone else pipes up.  Then on the weekend I have a wash-up of all the issues that no-one's looked at, and see if I can work 'em out.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2010 Feb 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Regarding:

but either this problem is easily solvable and it's being viewed as a noob issue

If that were the case, I would have answered it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation