• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Repairing index entries from Broken Links crashes RoboHelp 8 (P. Grainge)

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2010 Feb 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read the above referenced note on the Peter Grainge website  > Using RoboHelp8 with interest. However, I would appreciate clarification of the workaround:

"The workaround is to double click the broken link so that you can see the keyword that needs fixing. Then to go to the Index editor and fix it there."

In my project, the broken links were attached to bookmarks or topics. I have repaired them inside the Hyperlink dialog (editor). I save the topic. RH8 crashes. I check in the topic in RoboSource, then reopen the project and topic. This generally resolves the issue. It is, however, time consuming. I'm wasting an hour a day on this at the moment.

So, clarification of the "Then to go to the Index editor and fix it there." statement -- assuming that this describes a quicker, simpler solution -- would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2010 Feb 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to the index editor and highlight the keyword that is broken.

Then associate it with the required topic.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp