• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error msg: Please intall a Web browser

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2008 Mar 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to compile my project I get a msg box that says "Please install a web browser." I use RH x5 and have several Web Help projects that suddenly will not let me generate. I, of course, have Internet Explorer and also AOL browsers installed and working. What has changed? I recently was asked by Adobe to "re-activate" my RoboHelp software and did so.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 21, 2008 Mar 21, 2008
Hi carolc7558 and welcome to our community

I believe the solution to this one is pretty straightforward. Just close RoboHelp and open Windows Explorer. Locate a .HTM file and right-click it. Choose Properties. Now click the Change... button near where it says "Opens with". Choose Internet Explorer, dismiss all dialogs and try again.

Let us know how it goes! Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi carolc7558 and welcome to our community

I believe the solution to this one is pretty straightforward. Just close RoboHelp and open Windows Explorer. Locate a .HTM file and right-click it. Choose Properties. Now click the Change... button near where it says "Opens with". Choose Internet Explorer, dismiss all dialogs and try again.

Let us know how it goes! Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response. That worked! I don't know how the Properties of my .htm files got changed, but your suggestion worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi again

Who knows for sure about most of these things!

Perhaps it was the phase of the moon, the angle you were pressing your tongue against your cheek, etc.

Personally, I'll blame it on sun spots! Yeah, sun spots!

Hope your weekend is awesome! Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp