Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Edition compatiblity

Participant ,
Feb 05, 2010 Feb 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Is Adobe Digital Edition compatible with the the Amazon Kindle?

PLEASE HELP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, and ebooks bought through Amazon are not compatible with Adobe Digital Editions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim Lester,

Thanks for your reply , I really appreciate your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2010 Feb 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jim,

I am new to the Adobe Digital Edition/Adobe Content Server world but do have DRM experience in the music space.  As I anticipate a large portion of the ebook sales to be read on some type of Apple i-device, I am trying to understand why ebooks from ACS4 will not be readable on the i-devices.

Could you help clarify for me the issues at hand with getting ebooks with Adobe DRM onto i-devices?  Is it correct to understand the an ebook from say booksonboard.com that is in the form of epub and served from ACS4 will not be readable on say an iTouch (or any i-device) because the client application (Adobe Digital Edition) used to work with content served by ACS4 is using some Flash and because Apple is not being friendly and doesnt support Flash we have a roadblock here?

Thanks,

Ted

Product Manager, MNDigital.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines