Expand my Community achievements bar.

MySQL error: Got error 139

Level 2
Hello,

I have installed the lc turnkey and create a process with the workbench. After a lot of trials I got now the error in one process:

The process is not small. When I make it shorter than the failure comes later.

Can somebody help me?

Regards

Chris

javax.ejb.TransactionRolledbackLocalException: Got error 139 from storage engine; CausedByException is:

Got error 139 from storage engine

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:247)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:335)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:166)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:153)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:192)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:122)

at org.jboss.ejb.SessionContainer.internalInvoke(SessionContainer.java:624)

at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:873)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:415)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:88)

at $Proxy284.writeObject(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.pof.omapi.POFObjectManagerLocalEJBAdapter.writeObject(POFObjectManagerLocalEJBAdapter.java:135)

at com.adobe.workflow.datatype.POFVariableContainer.write(POFVariableContainer.java:143)

at com.adobe.workflow.pat.service.PATExecutionContextImpl.writeResults(PATExecutionContextImpl.java:120)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.AbstractBranch.saveRuntimeData(AbstractBranch.java:396)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.SynchronousBranch.execute(SynchronousBranch.java:884)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessEngineBMTBean.continueBranchAtAction(ProcessEngineBMTBean.java:2773)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessEngineBMTBean.asyncContinueBranchCommand(ProcessEngineBMTBean.java:2528)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1125.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:345)

at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:214)

at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:149)

at org.jboss.webservice.server.ServiceEndpointInterceptor.invoke(ServiceEndpointInterceptor.java:54)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:48)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:106)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptorBMT.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptorBMT.java:158)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorBMT.invoke(TxInterceptorBMT.java:62)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:154)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:153)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:192)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:122)

at org.jboss.ejb.SessionContainer.internalInvoke(SessionContainer.java:624)

at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:873)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:415)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:88)

at $Proxy302.asyncContinueBranchCommand(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessCommandControllerBean.doOnMessage(ProcessCommandControllerBean.java:144)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessCommandControllerBean.onMessage(ProcessCommandC
6 Replies

Level 10
I remember seeing this error before and it was related to the number of document variables being used.

Try to minimize the number of document variables and/or try to reuse them as much as possible.

This is a problem with MySQL, if you use another DB you'll be fine.

Jasmin

Level 2

For all interests I found the problem:

For ervery process a table is created in the database and a lot of variables are stored as longblob or longtext in this table. For every column only the first 768 bytes are saved in ervery column the rest of the bytes stored in another page. The background for this failure is that MySQL only can stored 8000 Bytes per row. When too much variables of type longblob saved the row size will to big and MySQL throw the error 139.

The size will be exceed when too much longblobs are written in a row. The size of one longblob isn't interessted because only 768Byte are written.

Not only document variables are stored as longblob all complex objects are stored as longblobs.

The workarounds are reduce size of variables, reuse the variables (not a good design!) or change your database!

Christoph

Employee

Another strategy to avoid this problem is to use sub-processes. Sub-processes are a preferred approach anyway to create re-usable services that can be leveraged in multiple applications and also make maintenance and support more efficient.

Marcel

Level 8

Another workaround is to use short-lived processes. When you use short-lived processes, no data is stored in the database. However, some service operations require long-lived processes (such as AssignTask operation that the User service provides).

scott

Is there any other workaround to increase the size of the table row of the My SQL ..?

Since am facing the same error, since my process variable count is only 9 (4 list variables, 1 map variable and 4 xml variable).

Suggest me on this ..

Balaji

Level 10

One of my process consumes 20 variable of different kind. I don't think just 4 variables will cause this issue.

The warnings WBP-104 & WBP-105 are talks about the number of variables and number of actions recommendations respectively.

Look at the following link for more details.

http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/wb_help/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=Workbe...

Nith