• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error copying audio stream

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2010 Feb 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using automatic recording in training mode in Captivate 4 on windows 7 to create a software simulation, but when I end the recording, I get the error message, 'error encountered while copying audio stream' and Captivate closes without saving the project. Any suggestions for a newbie?

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2010 Feb 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are you by chance recording audio at the same time as your main recording? If so, you will be well advised that best practice is to follow the lead of the motion picture industry. Handle audio as a separate task all its own. Record the main action, then add the audio narration later. By breaking things into separate tasks, you likely end up with a more polished result.

If you aren't recording audio at the same time as the main recording, I'm a bit stumped as to why you would see this dialog.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2010 Feb 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem on the same system setup as discussed.

I am not recording narrated audio at the same time. I appears more like this is a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2010 Feb 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I found the problem resolved if I started a blank project and inserted a

recording slide instead of starting a recording project! Hope that helps.

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2010 Mar 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to resolve my issue by following this other post and registering the .dll: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/26130

Seems like an issue that should be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources