• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing PPT slides into a larger stage

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2010 Jan 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - am messing with Cap 4 Demo before I decide whether to upgrade or not. I've discovered an issue that COULD add alot of time to my workflow. In Cap 3 I used to be able to import PPT slides into a project that was larger than the imported slides.

(eg:  importing ppt slides at 530 x 400 pixels into a Cap 4 project that is 900 x 700 pixels and positioned to the right of the screen.).

No problem in Cap 3 - but Cap 4 automatically sizes the whole project to match the ppt slides. The only workround I've found is to export to Flash CS3, and then import the resulting swf files back into Cap 4, and then place each one individually on the stage.........a bit of a pain when you gotta do this for 10 presentations of 70 slides each!

Is there no way of importing ppt slides, sizing them and positioning them all in one step anymore WITHOUT the whole project being resized to match the slides?

I have a conference project to do with hundreds of slides and this could to add ALOT of time to my workflow. Should I stick with Cap 3 ??????

Help appreciated!

J

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2010 Feb 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for brining this up, i have since run into this annoyance.  It pretty much stops you from being able to easily do your branding within a larger pallette and shrinking your ppt area off to the side.. Does anyone have a way aroudn this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2010 Feb 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for your replies.

I have found a work around for the near term.

1. I take my ppt slides and import into Cap 4 and select my smaller size there and save the project.
  2. Create a larger canvas and then import slides into this canvas and it maintains the smaller size slides, then i can maintain my larger canvas for branding and images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apart from the above - Import ppt slides to Cap 4 > export this to Flash >publish > this gives individual swfs > import these back into Cap 4.

Oh yeah - and then HOPE that somewhere along the line that the font colours haven't changed and any animations still work.

I think I shall be sticking with Cap 3.

(mind you i did notice that the FULL version of Camtasia Studio costs as much as the Cap 4 upgrade. I dont know how well this can handle ppt slides but may be worth a look.....)

'Am a bit disappointed Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

One option with using PowerPoint and Captivate is to use it the "Camtasia way". What I mean by this is that you configure PowerPoint to play the slideshow, then record it as it plays. That's how I understand Camtasia works with it. If you want a smaller size than full screen, configure PP to play in a window. Then adjust the window to the size you desire.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources