Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Out of memory error for large recordings:

Former Community Member

Hi,

My workflow process takes input as a list. It loops through the workflow for all the items in the list. If my list contain 4 items, there will be 3*7= 21 steps when I invoke the process. I can able to check my recordings for debugging.

If I give 5 inputs, It takes around 5*7 = 35 steps in the workflow. If I try to play the recording, i see the error: java heap space: Out of memory exception. I changed my space to Xmx1024m in workbench.ini. I also did: java -Xms<initial heap size> -Xmx<maximum heap size> (Q1: do we need to restart the JBoss after we do the second step? ).

Q2: My system is Windows7 with 4GB RAM. I have liveCycle 8.2 with SP2. JBoss & MySql. Do I need to set this java RAM size in any of our JBoss server files?

Q3: Is there any file to set the maximum permissible steps for a process recording? If so, please let me know. It would be a great help.

Thanks,

Chaitanya

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

If you are certain your service is enabled and running I'm not sure why the configuration parameters would be disabled.  The settings described in the link previously sent were referenced in ES2 documentation, i haven't determined if these 2 parameters actually existed in the version (8.2 SP2) that you have.  Aside from that they would only be helpful if the OOM error was occurring on the server and not Workbench. Since you recieve the error in Workbench there is a workbench.ini switch you can add to limit the number of steps that will be loaded with a recording:

-Dcom.adobe.workbench.unsupported.audit.maxNumberOfStepsToLoad=250

The default value is 250 but you can try lowering that value.

Also, if the error is due to the size of your documents i don't know fo a solution for that but you could try ensuring you variables view is closed when you load the recording.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Former Community Member

If the size of the documents you are adding as input are very large this could result in OOM errors so that is something to consider. 

Some other things to try are as follows:

1. Increase memory allocated by JBoss by another 200 - 300 M as per the following documentation on the web:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/workbenchHelp/help.html?topic=000097&topic=001837

2. Read the following sections of the Workbench Help which can be found on the web and describes how to limit your recording storage space used:  http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/workbenchHelp/help.html?topic=000097&topic=001060

I would suggest increasing your maxNumberOfRecordingEntries to about 200.

Heather

Former Community Member

Sorry, disregard the last statement, increasing your maxNumberOfRecordingEntries setting won't help you and may make the problem worse.  If you have it set higher than the default of 50, you might want to actually decrease it. 

Former Community Member

Hello Heather,

I tried doing the service configuration as you said.

I browsed to components view, I checked the AuditWorkflowDSC. I see that the EditServiceConfiguration option is disabled over there.

How can I enable it? So that, I will try to configure the settings for recordings.

Thanks,

Chaitanya

Former Community Member

In Workbench, you can right click on that Component> Start to enable that service.

Hope it helps.

HD

Former Community Member

Hi,

the component was enabled. When I right click, I see that edit service configuration option alone is disabled.

Former Community Member

Then you need to go to the AdminUI > Services > Endpoint Management > select by putting a check that service then click on Enable (the Green Check mark) to enable. Then click on Refresh to check it to see it is enabled.

HD

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

If you are certain your service is enabled and running I'm not sure why the configuration parameters would be disabled.  The settings described in the link previously sent were referenced in ES2 documentation, i haven't determined if these 2 parameters actually existed in the version (8.2 SP2) that you have.  Aside from that they would only be helpful if the OOM error was occurring on the server and not Workbench. Since you recieve the error in Workbench there is a workbench.ini switch you can add to limit the number of steps that will be loaded with a recording:

-Dcom.adobe.workbench.unsupported.audit.maxNumberOfStepsToLoad=250

The default value is 250 but you can try lowering that value.

Also, if the error is due to the size of your documents i don't know fo a solution for that but you could try ensuring you variables view is closed when you load the recording.

Former Community Member

Thanks for your inputs. I tried to increase the size Xmx512M to Xmx2048M. I feel like now it's working fine.

I did check for any server configurations to be changed, but I didnt see much on it in the materials. My problem is partially solved for now.

Thanks again,

Chaitanya

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----