Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images style? (CSS)

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2010 Feb 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

what is the best way to style an image in RoboHelp 8? Of course I want to use some CSS and don't want to style every single image by hand.

I can't find a place where to write some proper css... img{border:solid grey 1px;padding:5px;} ...

Thanx for your help.

Btw. is the search function of this forum just plain bad or am I too stupid to use it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Depending on how you want to style the image, there are two places you can put the style.

In your style sheet, it will then apply to all the topics you use the style sheet for. If you put img{border:solid grey 1px;padding:5px;} in your CSS. ALL images will now have a border and a 5px padding (when the styling is not overwritten in your topic). You may not want that...

In your topic. In the head section, add <style type="text/css"></style> and add the style between the blocks. this will style all images in your topic.

If you want to style certain (ie not all) images, but on multiple topics, use a class. In your style sheet, add the images style like IMG.myclass {} and you apply the class for all images you want to style. In the img tag, simply add class="myclass".

Greet,

Willam

PS. If some images use different styling than your css style, this is probably because some inline style is overruling your style sheet. To fix this, you can remove all inline styling in HTML mode (recommended) or use the !important statement to overrule inline styling, such as img{border:solid grey 1px !important;padding:5px;}. Use !important sparingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx WvW,

I understand what you are saying.

I would like to got with...

>In your style sheet, it will then apply to all the topics

My question would be: how do I do that?

I have a default.css file (which probably gets overwritten everytime I render a new HTML WebHelp(?)).

I can't find any nice pure css-editor. RoboHelp only gives me this css dialogue where I can't write any CSS at all...

Thanx a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The default.css doesn't get overwritten. It's just a standard style sheet that RH creates for a new project. Modify it any way you like.

You can also set a different css editor, such as Dreamweaver or Notepad++. In Tools | Options | File associations, you can set different file types and set the editor you want to use. You can also open the style sheet in any editor you like, by opening it via windows explorer.

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Top Style is a good editor. There used to be a free version on their site at http://www.bradsoft.com. You can still locate sites to download from using Google, just be sure you trust the site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx William, thanx Peter

yea, I used Top Style when I was "young"... it was the best, back then. Now I use and recommend Aptana. It's for free and really good.

Hey you Pros, perhaps you could help me with this problem, too?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/572470  (how do I get rid of the mini nav-bar?)

Thank you so much!

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, all in due time. I've seen your other problem, but I need to make some time to sort that out.

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screenshot of the Aptana CSS editor would be cool.

Best added with the camera icon. Thanks.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera icon? ... ah, that one..

Aptana.jpg

It's based on Eclipse - but I use it as an stand-alon app - not as an eclipse plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Can't quite tell from the screen shot, but in earlier versions of RoboHelp I really liked the way that you could configure CSS. You could apply attributes to the text or whatever to get the effect you wanted from a visual standpoint. Right there in the good ole WYSIWYG. You made it bold, red, underlined or whatever. Indented the way you want. Then you could create a CSS style based on that. I'm not sure if RoboHelp 8 still has that, but if it does it's way cool. I have to admit that I'm always shocked to discover that CSS editors force you to use some kludgy and arcane way of dealing with code. Why someone hasn't come up with a visual editor is beyond me.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The screenshot doesn't seem to show the bit I like about Top Style, an instant example. Thanks for posting the shot.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp