Expand my Community achievements bar.

Soundex Feature

Level 3

Hi,

Just wanted to know if the Soundex feature is available in Designer. I have a form field which makes an LDAP call to an ADOBE Workflow and returns some names. Can the Soundex feature be implmeneted in this scenario in any way i.e. either in the form or the workflow?

Regards,

Nakul

4 Replies

Level 10

I think the Soundex feature is no more available. See the following note taken from Acrobat JavaScript Guide.

Nith

------------------------------------------

soundex

Whether the search query will take the sound of words (for example, MacMillan, McMillan,

McMilon) into account when performing the search. The default is false. See the sections

in the Acrobat Online Guide pertaining to Search capabilities for a more thorough

discussion of soundex.

NOTE:Beginning with Acrobat 6.0, the use of this property is discouraged. This property has a value of false and access is restricted to read only.

Type: BooleanAccess: R.

Level 3

Thanks for the indormation, Nith. Actually I already did go through this yesterday, but was still wondering if it can be incorporated in any way, because I dont understand the logic of reducing the available functionalities in higher versions. May be something similar is available and hence ADOBE discourages the use of this.

Level 3

Steve,

What Nith has mentioend is what I am looking for. He said:

soundex

Whether the search query will take the sound of words (for example, MacMillan, McMillan,

McMilon) into account when performing the search. The default is false. See the sections

in the Acrobat Online Guide pertaining to Search capabilities for a more thorough

discussion of soundex.

NOTE:Beginning with Acrobat 6.0, the use of this property is discouraged. This property has a value of false and access is restricted to read only.

Type: BooleanAccess: R.

Regards,

Nakul