• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen captures lack clarity

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2010 Feb 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm developing WebHelp Pro using RoboHelp 8 HTML on Windows XP. I'm documenting a Web application.

I've used the procedure described by Kevin Siegel in "Essentials of Adobe RoboHelp 8 HTML" for capturing screens. Basically, I've used RoboScreen Capture and then copied and pasted what I've captured into the help topic. The captures look clear in RoboScreen Capture, but once I paste them into the topic, there's fuzziness around all the print in the capture (field names, drop-down lists, etc.). I also tried using SnagIt to capture them but got the same result when pasting them into a topic. They look as fuzzy when printed as they do when viewed in the help.

Is my pasting the problem? Should I be using Insert to put in screen captures?

Mendonite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Personally, I would advise never to paste images into topics. Instead, save them from RoboScreen Capture or SnagIt, then add them to the topic by using the Insert Image function and browsing to them.

Odds are RoboHelp is converting to another format and causing the colors to dither. This causes them to "fuzzy up".

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll give this a try.

Mendonite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2010 Feb 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I agree with Rick (RoboWizard),

When you copy to Win Clipboard, Win converts the image to a bitmap. RH must then reconvert.

Note also that btmap images are huge compared to .jpgs.

Best practice with whatever tool you use (I like Snagit 9 myself) is to save to the format you wish and then import the image to your project.

Ciao

Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 25, 2010 Feb 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

What we do here is to capture using Paintsho pro which is initially at high resolution. We then save as a gif prior to importing into the RH project. We've found sometimes JPegs appear a bit speckly compared to gifs..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp